Carve-outs have become increasingly popular among global dealmakers, with a threefold increase in volume since 2016. Post COVID-19, this impetus should continue as a mixture of pent-up demand, distressed and non-core assets, and lower valuations that lure cash-rich private equity firms and corporates back to the deal table.
- Local presence: 76% with a moderate to well-established presence have mostly successful outcomes;
- Realistic timetable: 84% of deals completed within four months were mostly successful; and
- Robust preparation: 78% of corporates and 64% of PE firms say delays in completion could have been avoided with more preparation.
- Set-up of tax structures: tax registrations and administrative processes;
- Impact on the cost of compliance; and
- Tax compliance processes: main items to be considered.
© 2021 Euromoney Institutional Investor PLC. For help please see our FAQ.