After a successful event last May at the Marina Mandarin in Singapore, the Asia Tax Awards will be held once again on Thursday May 14 2020 in Singapore.
Submissions are open now and close on Friday December 13 2019. Entry, which is free, is by submission only and should be uploaded here. Firms are also able to nominate their peers for the first time.
Submissions made for World Tax 2020 and World Transfer Pricing 2020 will be considered - but please be aware that the deadline for this was in March 2019. As the awards concern work throughout all of 2019 - please strongly consider filing a fresh submission through the forms below.
Please read this explanation of the categories and methodology.
The entry forms are hyperlinked below.
The firm awards will be presented in these categories. Click here for the one form that covers all firm awards.
- National Tax Firms of the Year (18 jurisdictions)
- Transfer Pricing Firms of the Year (14 jurisdictions)
- Tax Litigation and Disputes Firms of the Year (18 jurisdictions)
Australia; Cambodia (no transfer pricing award) China; Hong Kong SAR; India; Indonesia; Japan; Malaysia; Myanmar (no transfer pricing award); New Zealand; Pakistan (no transfer pricing award); Philippines; Singapore; South Korea; Sri Lanka (no transfer pricing award); Taiwan; Thailand and Vietnam.
- Asia Tax Firm of the Year (no separate submission form – award will be judged according to the national submissions)
- Asia Transfer Pricing Firm of the Year (no separate submission form – award will be judged according to the national submissions)
- Asia Tax Litigation and Disputes Firm of the Year (no separate submission form – award will be judged according to the national submissions)
Click here for the one form that covers all regional awards. Please ensure you select the correct categories when submitting nominations using this form for the following categories:
- Asia Indirect Tax Firm of the Year
- Asia Tax Transactions Firm of the Year
- Asia Tax Policy Firm of the Year
- Asia Tax Compliance & Reporting Firm of the Year
- Asia Tax Technology Firm of the Year
- Asia Tax Innovator of the Year
- Withholding Tax Team of the Year in Asia
- Global Executive Mobility Tax Team of the Year in Asia
- Best Newcomer (international tax practice (<5 years since formation)
The following awards specifically reward international firms that undertake work in Asia.
- US Corporate Tax Team of the Year in Asia
- International Tax Law Firm (for law firms with a tax practice headquartered or founded outside Asia).
In addition to the awards for the best tax and transfer pricing firms in 18 jurisdictions or regions, the ceremony in 2020 will again feature the presentation of separate awards to company tax departments, who can enter to be named the direct tax, indirect tax or transfer pricing in-house team of the year. To win, they must compose a 500-word description of their objectives for the 2019 calendar year and how they were achieved, highlighting areas where the work done by the team made a significant impact on the overall goals of the company.
- Asia In-house Team of the Year – direct tax, indirect tax, or transfer pricing (one form for all three categories)
- Asia In-house Director of the Year – direct tax, indirect tax, or transfer pricing (one form for all three categories)
Individuals can be nominated using the tables at the end of any of the national or regional submissions forms. Alternatively, separate submissions can be made using this form for the following categories:
- Asia Tax Practice Leader of the Year
- Asia Indirect Tax Practice Leader of the Year
- Asia Transfer Pricing Practice Leader of the Year
- Asia Tax Litigation and Disputes Practice Leader of the Year
Finally, there is a new category this year covering diversity. Click here to see a form to detail projects where you have brought a diverse workforce together to achieve success in a tax matter.
Please upload all entries online here:
Please direct any questions to Prin Shasiharan on email@example.com
Between October 2019 and December 2019, companies, law firms, tax advisers, accountants and other tax service providers from the jurisdictions mentioned above can submit three examples of their best work for consideration for the national tax, transfer pricing, and litigation and disputes awards.
The awards will be judged according to:
- Size (Not conclusive, though it does indicate what a tax team is capable of taking on)
- Innovation (Did the advice the firm gave show something more than the straightforward answer that is commonly used?)
- Complexity (Did the matter address tax issues that were out of the ordinary and what ingenuity did the firm show to solve them?)
- Impact (What impact did the advice have on the taxpayer? For example, did it help them take over their biggest rival? Issue equity and debt in a particular market for the first time? Win an unprecedented judgement in court?
If you wish to attend the awards dinner in Singapore on Thursday 14 May 2020, please contact James Murray (E: firstname.lastname@example.org, T: +852 2842 6936).
© 2019 Euromoney Institutional Investor PLC. For help please see our FAQ.