After a successful event last May at the Marina Mandarin in Singapore, the Asia Tax Awards will be held once again on Thursday May 14 2020 in Singapore.
Submissions are open now and close on Friday, December 13 2019. Entry, which is free, is by submission only and should be uploaded here. Submissions made for World Tax 2020 and World Transfer Pricing 2020 will be considered and firms will be able to nominate their peers for the first time.
Please read this explanation of the categories and methodology.
The entry forms are hyperlinked below.
The firm awards will be presented in these categories:
Australia; Cambodia (no transfer pricing award) China; Hong Kong SAR; India; Indonesia; Japan; Malaysia; Myanmar (no transfer pricing award); New Zealand; Pakistan (no transfer pricing award); Philippines; Singapore; South Korea; Sri Lanka (no transfer pricing award); Taiwan; Thailand and Vietnam.
- Asia Tax Firm of the Year (no separate submission form – award will be judged according to the national submissions)
- Asia Transfer Pricing Firm of the Year (no separate submission form – award will be judged according to the national submissions)
- Asia Tax Litigation and Disputes Firm of the Year (no separate submission form – award will be judged according to the national submissions)
There are separate submission forms for these regional awards:
- Asia Indirect Tax Firm of the Year
- Asia Tax Transactions Firm of the Year
- Asia Tax Policy Firm of the Year
- Asia Tax Compliance & Reporting Firm of the Year
- Asia Tax Technology Firm of the Year
- Asia Tax Innovator of the Year
- Global Executive Mobility Tax Team of the Year in Asia
- US Corporate Tax Team of the Year in Asia
- Withholding Tax Team of the Year in Asia
- International Tax Law Firm (for law firms with a tax practice headquartered or founded outside Asia).
- Best Newcomer (international tax practice (<5 years since formation)
The ceremony will include one award for company tax departments. To win, they must compose a 500-word description of their objectives for the 2019 calendar year and how they were achieved, highlighting areas where the work done by the team made a significant impact on the overall goals of the company.
The five individual awards cover:
- Asia In-house Tax Director of the Year
- Asia Tax Commissioner of the Year
- Asia Tax Litigation and Disputes Practice Leader of the Year
- Asia Transfer Pricing Practice Leader of the Year
- Asia Tax Practice Leader of the Year
Please upload all entries online here:
Please direct any questions to Prin Shasiharan on email@example.com
Between October 2019 and December 2019, companies, law firms, tax advisers, accountants and other tax service providers from the jurisdictions mentioned above can submit three examples of their best work for consideration for the national tax, transfer pricing, and litigation and disputes awards.
The awards will be judged according to:
- Size (Not conclusive, though it does indicate what a tax team is capable of taking on)
- Innovation (Did the advice the firm gave show something more than the straightforward answer that is commonly used?)
- Complexity (Did the matter address tax issues that were out of the ordinary and what ingenuity did the firm show to solve them?)
- Impact (What impact did the advice have on the taxpayer? For example, did it help them take over their biggest rival? Issue equity and debt in a particular market for the first time? Win an unprecedented judgement in court?
If you wish to attend the awards dinner in Singapore on Thursday May 14, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.