Current trends suggest that multinational organisations will continue to spend more time and resources managing tax controversies in both their local and foreign markets. Tax authorities are sharing information about companies and focusing increasingly not just on the technical merit of a tax position but also on implementation.
Deloitte's tax controversy teams include former tax authority officials, alternative dispute resolution specialists and, in many countries, tax litigation specialists who can assist multinational businesses at all phases of the tax controversy cycle.
A strong network has been created in the EMEA region, which allows us to design a specific team to address various types of issues and help clients in the different steps of their controversy procedures (e.g., end of audit negotiations with tax authorities, internal appeals processes, legal procedures, etc.).
A pan-European network is ready to assist multinational enterprises – including tax specialists, former senior tax administration officials and experienced lawyers – to help clients navigate the various procedures and provide strategic guidance in addition to detailed legal advice.
The Deloitte member firms in the EMEA region are innovative because a dedicated network has been created and is able to assist clients in a very reactive manner, in a wide range of areas, including immediate assistance in tax raids and their following steps.
Our key service offerings include:
- Pre-controversy audit readiness
- Litigation, appeals and settlement
- Proactive resolution services
- Transfer pricing
- Tax controversy software tools and support
- Assistance of a major group in its sector of activity in a large-scale tax raid and subsequent steps, including court actions.
- Helping a pioneer in the information technology industry to manage a complicated approach to tax administration, including tax audits closing, tax raids and Advance Pricing Agreements (APAs).
- VAT dispute that is still ongoing regarding the zero rating of the services of a client in the hospitality industry. The dispute focuses mainly on whether an agency relationship exist or does not.
- Significant transfer pricing dispute with South African Revenue Service (SARS) involving a major South African distributor of electronic goods. Currently at an advanced stage of alternative dispute resolution (ADR) proceedings.
- Very technical court procedure connected to a detailed approach of the national tax law and the European principles, concluded by a court decision in favor of the group.
2018 International Tax Review Awards
European Tax Firm of the Year, European Tax Compliance & Reporting Firm of the Year
National Tax Firms of the Year:
Deloitte Belgium, Deloitte Denmark, Deloitte South Africa, Deloitte Switzerland, Deloitte Greece, Deloitte Hungary, Deloitte Malta
National Transfer Pricing Firm of the year:
Deloitte Denmark, Deloitte Finland, Deloitte Spain, Deloitte Switzerland
Euromoney Tax leader guides:
2018 ITR World Transfer Pricing
Deloitte ranked Tier 1 in 27 jurisdictions of EMEA region.
Phone: +33 1 40 88 86 75, +33 7 85 11 83 64
This document has been prepared solely for the purpose of publishing in the 2018 Tax Controversy Leaders guide and may not be used for any other purpose. This document and its contents may not be reproduced, redistributed or passed on, directly or indirectly, to any other person in whole or in part without Deloitte's prior written consent.
Deloitte refers to one or more of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited ("DTTL"), its global network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL (also referred to as "Deloitte Global") and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL does not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more.
Deloitte Legal means the legal practices of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited member firms or their affiliates that provide legal services outside of the US. For legal, regulatory and other reasons, some member firms, including the US member firm, do not provide legal services. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
Deloitte is a leading global provider of audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, tax and related services. Our network of member firms in more than 150 countries and territories serves four out of five Fortune Global 500® companies. Learn how Deloitte's approximately 264,000 people make an impact that matters at www.deloitte.com/about.
This communication contains general information only, and none of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, its member firms or their related entities (collectively, the "Deloitte network") is, by means of this communication, rendering professional advice or services. Before making any decision or taking any action that may affect your finances or your business, you should consult a qualified professional adviser. No entity in the Deloitte network shall be responsible for any loss whatsoever sustained by any person who relies on this communication.
© 2018. For information, contact Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited.
© 2021 Euromoney Institutional Investor PLC. For help please see our FAQ.