The fundamental principle behind the digital economy, in terms of transfer pricing, is its reliance on intangible assets and the difficulties when deciding which jurisdiction to book resulting profits in.
However, the types and quantities of intangible assets for different industries varies, as does the approach to managing them.
TPWeek and International Tax Review’s upcoming Global Transfer Pricing Forum will focus on the impact the digital economy will have on a range of different industries in a panel debate including leading transfer pricing advisers and corporate tax executives.
The panel will focus specifically on the following industries:
- Consumer products and retail;
- Travel hospitality and leisure; and
Additionally, delegates will hear from leading tax executives including:
- Greg Viggiano, vice president of transfer pricing for Maersk;
- Fumi Tamura, head of transfer pricing for News Corporation; and
- George Georgiev, head of transfer pricing for Siemens Corp.
To book a place at the forum and hear more about the digital economy, from an industry-specific perspective, including real-life working examples, contact Alicia.email@example.com.
© 2021 Euromoney Institutional Investor PLC. For help please see our FAQ.