The research period for this year’s Americas Tax Awards, which takes place in New York on September 13, is now open. The closing date for entries is Friday, June 1.
The methodology for this year’s awards has been updated. You are strongly advised to read the methodology before making your submission.
Download the entry forms now:
The awards will recognise the leading tax and transfer pricing firms in 21 jurisdictions or US metropolitan areas, as well the top firms by region in North and South America, and will be presented during a dinner on Thursday, September 13 at the Pierre Hotel, 2 East 61st Street at Fifth Avenue in New York. There are also in-house awards for corporate teams in North and South America.
The awards will also honour the practice leaders of the year in tax, indirect tax, transfer pricing and tax disputes. These individual awards will be given for client work, and practice growth and development.
Please read this document, which lists the awards, the jurisdictions covered and how they are judged, for more information.
How to enter (and make your life easier at the same time)
1. Don’t panic.
2. If your firm has already made a submission for the World Tax 2019 and World Transfer Pricing 2019 directories, then you have already done a lot of the work required. However, we advise you to submit separate forms for the Americas Awards and for the World Tax and Transfer Pricing directories. If you would like us to use your World Tax and Transfer Pricing submissions for the Awards, please specify this in an email to us.
3. Many of the other categories, i.e.
- Best Newcomer in the Americas;
- Americas Tax Compliance & Reporting Award;
- Americas Tax Innovation Award;
- Americas Tax Technology Award;
- International Firm in the Americas;
- Americas Tax Policy Team of the Year;
- Americas Tax Pro Bono Award;
- Americas Tax Practice Leader of the Year;
- Americas Transfer Pricing Practice Leader of the Year;
- Americas Indirect Tax Practice Leader of the Year; and
- Americas Tax Disputes Practice Leader of the Year
do not correspond exactly to the information we request for the directories. You should fill out the entry form concerned if you wish to be considered for these awards.
If your firm worked on any aspect, on whatever side, of the winning transaction in each of the 11 deal categories, it will win for being part of the transaction and receive its own award.
There will be a shortlist for each of the deal awards. No confidential planning or structuring information will be announced.
A short citation about each of the national tax and transfer pricing winners will also be read out at the awards dinner, but no confidential information will be disclosed.
As in previous years, the research process will be based on submissions from firms in private practice and in-house tax teams. The shortlists and winners will be selected after further research by International Tax Review and TP Week editors with clients and practitioners.
For any matter to be eligible, it must have concluded by March 31 2018.
Criteria and nominations
The Americas Tax Awards are based on size, innovation, complexity and impact. We are most interested in transactions, planning or cases that break new ground and set market precedents. All matters submitted must have a cross-border element.
Nominations will be announced on this website at the end of July.
© 2019 Euromoney Institutional Investor PLC. For help please see our FAQ.