Geoff is based in Sydney and has close to 25 years of experience in transfer pricing in multiple geographies. Geoff was nominated as a World's Leading Transfer Pricing Adviser in Euromoney / ITR’s 2013, 2015, 2017, 2019 and 2021 guides. Deloitte Australia was recognised as Australia Transfer Pricing Firm of the Year by the International Tax Review in 2021 and 2022.
Geoff was the Lead Australian advisor to the first joint audit by the ATO and the US Internal Revenue Service. He is highly experienced in management of transfer pricing audits, reviews and disputes. He advised on many bilateral and unilateral Advance Pricing Arrangements involving the ATO.
Geoff’s work covers a wide variety of industries however his focus areas include:
- Financial services - Transfer pricing advisor to various retail and investment banks, property trusts, fund management, insurance companies and brokerage companies
- Technology, Media and Telecommunications – including setting global transfer pricing policies for Australian and foreign owned MNCs and ATO controversy
- Intercompany financing – including debt capacity / thin capitalisation, debt and guarantee fee pricing.
Geoff’s education and academical qualifications:
- Master of Philosophy in Economics from University of Oxford
- Bachelor of Economics (Honours), Trinity College, Dublin
- ACCA Diploma in Accounting and Finance
- Affiliate of Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia
- Member of Tax Institute of Australia