The 12th ITR Asia Tax Forum, the premier event in the region for taxpayers, officials and practitioners, took place in Singapore on May 3 & 4 2017 at the Goodwood Park Hotel.
This year 's forum topics included:
- The impact of the BEPS Action Plan;
- MLI’s practical effect on planning and how it will change tax treaty policy in the future;
- Heightened enforcement efforts in Southeast Asia and how taxpayers should address the challenges presented by them;
- China’s completion of the transition from Business Tax to a nationwide VAT and the opportunities and threats this creates for taxpayers;
- India’s efforts to ensure its fine words on a friendlier tax environment for foreign investors translate into reality
Taxpayers, officials and advisers gathered in Singapore in May to discuss these and many more issues relevant to corporate tax systems around Asia. It was an ideal opportunity for tax executives to meet their peers and administrators to exchange ideas and to understand and learn about the management of tax in Asia.
Testimonials from our Asia Tax Forums include:
‘Everything was excellent; topics, speakers and venue – congrats on your 10th anniversary of the Asia Tax Forum’
* * *
'Diverse speakers from tax authorities, tax agents and commercial firms'
* * *
'All great - excellent opportunity to hear many voices from different jurisdictions on issues in the news in tax'
Join the Asia Tax Professionals group on LinkedIn.